Senior Process Controls Engineer
Cleveland, OH 44113
This position is responsible and accountable for the design, implementation and support of control system projects from their initial planning and conceptual stage through design, implementation, successful startup, and acceptance by operating management. The design, implementation, and startup of these control systems involve the application of advanced computer/PLC/HMI programming, electrical controls knowledge, and process engineering skills. This position also acts as an in-house consultant to all facilities on control system programming, troubleshooting, software, and hardware. Proficiency in PLC hardware/software design and system integration is required.
- Design and implement new control systems for capital projects
- PLC programming and application development
- Support and optimization of existing systems
- Design specifications and documentation for capital projects
- Equipment specifications, cost estimating, generating bill of materials, purchasing and fabrication of electrical controls equipment
- Project coordination
- Manage projects budgets up to $2.0 MM
- Lead contractors
- Commissioning through site acceptance
- Technical support for root cause analysis related to system issues and failures
- Bachelor' s degree in chemical or electrical engineering or related 4-year degree
- Eight or more years of experience in controls engineering or related field
- Demonstrated experience leading project design and execution with significant project experience at $2.0MM or greater
- Knowledge of chemical batch manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of ISA S88 standard for batch control
- Knowledge of electrical systems including compliance with NEC and other applicable codes
- Certified with Continuous Improvement tools; 6 Sigma, Lean, and Root Cause Analysis, belt certification preferred
- AutoCAD, RsLogix 5000, FactoryTalk Studio Edition, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project
- Travel to other company locations up to 30% annually
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.