Senior Accounting Assistant
Columbus, OH 43201-2696
- Performs non-repetitive and complex clerical accounting duties that require familiarity with accounting office practices and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of a wide variety of prescribed accounting codes and classifications in order to select appropriate procedures for application to specific accounting transactions.
- Prepare reports and explain variances; prepare budget information.
- Locate sources of errors revealed through trial balance or deviation from an established control figure; trace transactions through previous accounting actions to determine source of discrepancies; reconcile invoices through Sharepoint.
- Maintain and reconcile an account ledger; balance items, entries or amounts according to records or statements.
- Review vendor invoices for completeness and process them for payment (key in exceptions).
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred but not required.
- Two years of accounting experience.
- Must possess strong communication skills, initiative and ability to maintain working relationships with a broad range of process owners and managers.
- Microsoft Office products experience desirable.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.