Warren, MI 48093
- Develops annual EH&S business plans/budget identifying functional activities, training, machine guarding, ergonomic and other EH&S improvements needed with action plans and target implementation dates.
- Promotes safety culture of excellence with the proactive preventative mentality through leading by example, coaching, mentoring and continuous improvements.
- Drive safety policy / procedure enforcement that includes disciplinary actions.
- Assists in the development and management of Safety and Environmental Programs including but not limited to LOTO, forklift training / licensing, crane operation, ergonomics, job safety risk assessments (JSRA), (TSAC), working at heights, COVID protocols, waste management, air permit compliance, storm water, spill prevention, incident investigations, safety/security.
- Ensure legal compliance for all Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
- Attend daily Manager meeting and report out all KPI, incidents, project updates.
- Lead near miss and accident / injury investigations, conduct root cause analysis, group problem solving meetings and implement temporary and/or permanent corrective actions.
- Develop open issues lists, enter Maintenance Work Orders, follow up and close out open action items.
- Have a strong presence on the production floor across all 3 shifts.
- Supervise the Safety Coordinator.
- Conduct scheduled Manager floor walks.
- Develop plant Emergency Response and Evacuation program with regular drills conducted.
- Develop and maintain First Responder team.
- Assist with the Plant 5S.
- Facilitate new-hire safety orientation and new-hire/renewal safety and environmental training.
- Lead the plant to achieve ISO 14001 certifications and successfully pass any EH&S related internal / external required audits.
- Metrics management.
- Lead the Safety Committee promoting engagement, participation and close out open issues list.
- Manage the lock out locks and ensure all associated records are maintained.
- Manage the PPE vending to include new enrollments, terminations and changes with regular analysis and associated changes regarding PPE effectiveness, usage, what is needed by position.
- Act as the 1st point of contact for safety and all security incidents.
- Analyze the data collection/trending of Safety First audits.
- Lead near miss proactive safety program.
- Lead the collection of environmental metrics/environmental recordkeeping.
- Implement the daily / monthly safety and environmental messages using various communication methods (pre-shift safety talks, TV's, communication boards, One Call Now system)
- Coordinate all chemical and any hazardous waste disposal.
- Assure DOT and RCRA compliance for receivable shipment of hazardous materials and waste.
- Manage the contractor / visitor safety program.
- Evaluate and sign off on the safety of new equipment per the company guidelines.
- Assist the Plant Manager with any other assignments, projects or responsibilities as needed.
Experience, Skills And/OR Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Automotive manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to overcome challenges are required.
- Effective teambuilding and decision-making skills are required.
- Effective professional communication and people skills are required.
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills are required.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining focus to deliver expected results is required.
- Ability to motivate and drive new ideas is required.
- Project management skills are preferred.
- Mechanical ability and aptitude is especially helpful.
- Data analysis and computer skills are required.
- Good working knowledge of ISO-140001 audits and IATF requirements is preferred.
- Union experience is preferred, but, not required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health, Safety and/or Environmental is preferred. Will consider equivalent experience, which would typically come with 5+ years of experience.
- CSP is preferred and/or other related credentials.
- Experience managing Workers Comp.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification