Warren, MI 48093
This position assists the Environmental Health and Safety Manager with managing the overall environmental, health and safety for the entire plant. This includes everything related to health, safety, wellness, environmental, ergonomics, contractors and plant security.
- Promotes the safety culture of excellence through leading by example, coaching, and mentoring.
- Assists in the development and management of Safety and Environmental Programs (LOTO, forklift training / licensing, crane operation, ergonomics, job safety risk assessments (JSRA), working at heights, COVID protocols, waste management, air permit compliance, storm water, spill prevention, etc...
- Facilitate new-hire safety orientation and new-hire/renewal safety and environmental training.
- Act as an ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001/IATF16949 Internal Auditor to support Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Metrics management.
- Assist in leading the Safety Committee and promoting engagement and participation.
- Issue lock out locks and maintain all associated records.
- Manage the PPE vending to include new enrollments, terminations and changes.
- Participate in near miss and accident / injury investigations, conduct root cause analysis, group problem solving meetings and implement temporary and/or permanent corrective actions.
- Act as the 2nd point of contact for safety incidents.
- Assist in development and data collection/trending of Safety First audits.
- Assist in development and data collection/trending of near miss proactive safety program.
- Assist in collection of incident rate data.
- Assist in the collection of environmental metrics/environmental recordkeeping.
- Assist with the development of the daily / monthly safety and environmental messages.
- Coordinate all chemical and any hazardous waste disposal.
- Assure DOT and RCRA compliance for receivable shipment of hazardous materials and waste.
- Manage the contractor / visitor safety program.
- Evaluate the safety of new equipment per the Dana guidelines.
- Assist the EHS Manager with any other assignments, projects or responsibilities as needed.
Experience, Skills And/OR Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Automotive manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to overcome challenges are required.
- Effective teambuilding and decision making skills are required.
- Effective professional communication and people skills are required.
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills are required.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining focus to deliver expected results is required.
- Ability to motivate and drive new ideas is required.
- Project management skills are preferred.
- Mechanical ability and aptitude is especially helpful.
- Data analysis and computer skills are required.
- Good working knowledge of IATF or TS-16949 audits and requirements is preferred.
- Union experience is preferred, but, not required.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Health, Safety and/or Environmental is preferred. Will consider equivalent experience, which would typically come with 5+ years of experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification