Robot Weld Technician
Warren, MI 48093
- Provide daily technical support to production weld operations. Ensure that all weld standards and procedures are followed.
- Set-up, program and operate welding machines and robots as needed and as documented. Assist in troubleshooting.
- Train production personnel to set-up and operate new and/or updated production welding equipment, tooling and gauges.
- Assist engineering to develop and document weld processes, parameters, equipment, tooling, torches, weld perishables and associated process documentation. Maintain and update documentation as the process evolves and improves.
- Assist in transitioning prototypes in new programs to production equipment.
- Monitor inventory min. /max. Levels of all welding supplies and spares.
- Coordinate efforts with welding engineering and DCP teams to improve department measurables (scrap, MRB, cost, efficiency).
- Participate in development and implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Review, plan, and implement necessary process changes (verifying process integrity) resulting from continuous improvement, ECN' s, PPR' s, and process deviations.
- Perform other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical certificate and or degree in one or more of the following; Industrial Electrician Mechatronics Robotics Welding
- Minimum of 5 years experience in high volume production welding environment. Verifiable technical training in GMAW, friction and or inertia welding processes Verifiable technical training on Fanuc robot programming Strong mechanical aptitude for making fixture adjustments.
- Ability to read and work from process sheets.
- Ability to perform bench layout of welded assemblies.
- Good mathematical aptitude and background.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.