Right of Way Agent
Shreveport, LA 71101
- Responsible for the acquisition of land, land rights, licenses, leases, permits, and other documents necessary for the construction, operation and maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution lines.
- Will handle complicated negotiations with land owners for the acquisition of rights relative to the construction, reconstruction, enlargement or maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution facilities and supervise contract agents as required.
- Settle damage claims with property owners relative to property damage caused or created during the construction, reconstruction, enlargement, maintenance or removal of transmission and/or distribution facilities.
- Conduct research at local courthouses and other records as may be available to determine present property ownership(s) and the extent of interests therein.
- Preparation documents for rights of entry, damage claims, contracts, easements, licenses, leases, permits, options to purchase and other documents as may be necessary to acquire adequate rights for company’ s facilities.
- Review vouchers for payments of expenses incurred in the acquisition of land and land rights involving electric transmission and/or distribution facilities such as, but not limited to: contractual obligations for the purchase of options, easements damage claims settlement, attorney fees, outside appraisal services and contractor invoices.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Real Estate, Engineering or related with 2 years of relevant experience, or Associates’ degree in Business, Real Estate, Engineering, or related field along with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: business, management, real estate, law, electric transmission and/or distribution right-of-way.
- Candidate should be well-versed in various aspects of right-of-way and have experience in acquisition and title research.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills with a strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office products (i.E., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and right-of-way/land management (i.E., geoAMPS or other land management databases) or other equivalent databases and a background with project controls.
- 80% Office/20% Field Work
- Work week M-F 8am – 5pm daily/40hrs week
- Must have a valid driver’ s license.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.