Refractory Designer / Engineer
Toledo, OH 43606
- Design will include preparing layouts, details, specifications, and material lists for the repair and/or construction of glass batch plants, refractories, industrial furnaces and material handling systems.
- Responsible for the accuracy of refractory design deliverables, including layouts, fabrication details, refractory counts and bill of material documents.
- Develop refractory counts and bill of material documents.
- Calculate the quantity of brick, block, mortar, castable, blanket and board.
- Act as project team lead, including manpower planning, communication of design intent to balance of team, assistance to fellow designers regarding technical requirements, design scope of work, and feedback on work executed.
- Individual will be responsible for the accuracy of refractory design deliverables, including layouts, fabrication details, refractory counts and bill of material documents.
- Refractory design experience or experience with 3D software for raw material handling systems (belt and vibratory conveyors, elevators, pneumatic transport, weighing systems, etc.).
- Experience with 2D and 3D software. 2D AutoCAD is required and 3D such as Inventor or SolidWorks will be considered.
- Ability and experience checking designs, layouts, shop details and material list.
- Individuals with experience in refractory design, glass furnace design, glass melting furnace, float furnace, container furnace, heat treatment, incinerators, cement plant design, tile/ceramic/masonry product material handling, and similar material handling roles and relevant experience.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or similar program a plus
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.