Maumee, OH 43537
A leading automotive parts manufacturer we represent is currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer for Direct Hire
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
This position is responsible for ensuring all quality assurance activities are completed and compliant with the division’ s ISO9001: 2015/IATF16949: 2016 quality system, as well as directing daily activities that ensure products meet their respective technical requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Interface with suppliers, customers, internal divisions, and on-site assembly and distribution areas on quality related issues.
· Manage and maintain customer portals as required.
· Completion of Corrective Action/Preventative Action documentation.
· Review, submit and approve PPAPs both external customers and internal vendors.
· Ensure compliance to ISO9001: 2015/IATF16949: 2016 and lead an internal audit team to ensure annual recertification. (Certificate of completion to be provided from recognized training facility. (i.E. AIAG, Plexus))
· Support new product development and resourcing activity from initiation through to launch.
· Oversee and perform receiving and outgoing inspections.
· Understand and ensure customer specific requirements are met and in line with company commitments.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a quality engineer in the heavy truck or automotive industry.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a light assembly environment.
· Additional experience in a catalog distribution environment a plus.
· Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of systems specific to ISO9001: 2015/IATF16949: 2016 or equivalent, quality control procedures, and basic metrology.
· Ability to analyze, organize and process quality related data using core tools, including but not limited to, APQP, MSA, PFMEA and Control Plans.
· Efficient in root cause analysis (3 Legged 5 Why?, Fishbone, Cause and Effect), error proofing, and continuous improvement.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
· Efficient with the use of calipers, micrometers, pin gauges and other measurement devices.
· Experience in supplier quality and interfacing with suppliers in low cost countries.