Birmingham, AL 35201
- Manage projects for industrial clients including power, pulp & paper, and chemical process, including maintaining contact with the clients, while promoting quality services and continuing positive relations.
- Plan, organize and direct several engineering disciplines, project controls, scheduling and construction management, including engineering deliverables, cost reports, establish labor requirements, monitor purchasing activities, etc…
- Manage hired construction and subcontracting, leading major technical, cost, scheduling and performance decisions as well as field construction oversight during project implementation.
- Control costs and maintain profitability for the projects.
- Create and emphasize safety by leading safety culture and conducts regular safety meetings.
- Manage field construction activity, engineering, and other field projects support activities.
- Conducts regular project inspections and advises project supervision of work progress, quality of work and conditions requiring attention regarding safety.
- Coordinates work with subcontractors to ensure all subcontract work is within project scope and specifications.
- Administers project policies and procedures.
- Oversight of start-up and commissioning.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Construction Management or related
- 10+ years industrial construction management experience managing multi-discipline teams (engineering and construction) is required
- Medium to large project experience ($20M+), with a proven track record of accomplishing project goals is required
- Strong communication skills, leadership skills, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills; detail-oriented
- Working knowledge of Primavera (P6), Excel and Word
- Able to travel as required for project activities