Hazel Park, MI 48030
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of employees assigned to the department.
- Meet or exceed productivity and quality standards using all resources and support available.
- Ensure all department personnel adhere to all safety rules and report on unsafe conditions as soon as reasonably possible
- Direct the department in a manner that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and quality.
- Ensure that job performance problems and conflicts are resolved fairly in accordance with the Employee Handbook with assistance of Human Resource Department.
- Enforce the use of all tools/processes related to the production team boards.
- Assure employee training is completed and tracked properly.
- Complete employee assessments as required.
- May be required / requested to support / assist launch activities as necessary.
- Coordinate required equipment repair with Maintenance and/or Tooling Departments.
- Communicate with team leads and members of the department, by continually updating them on all information affecting the efficient and safe operations within the department.
- Liaise with all supporting departments to resolve problems.
- Accurately and promptly complete all paperwork associated with the position (corrective actions, scrap reports, production reports, downtime, employee evaluations, etc.).
- Coordinate production part rework, repair or tear down as needed.
- Document all activities as required.
- Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to ensure employee safety.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in automotive / manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Possess good technical understanding of processes and machinery.
- Demonstrate organizational, leadership and communication skills.