Holland, OH 43528-9794
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the Business Unit Manager and Master Scheduler, provide input into developing a production schedule that meets the on time delivery goals of the business; proactively anticipate problems that could impact the schedules.
- Drive and execute expedite orders on the shop floor level to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure material is available to attain the schedules, and address any issues that may come up preventing schedule attainment on the shop floor level.
- Review material shortages, stock outages and safety stock levels while working with Purchasing and Manufacturing to meet customer requirements. Propose changes when needed.
- Use the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to transact manufacturing orders (release, pick, close, etc.) in support of production requirements.
- Maintain Kanban levels and corresponding scheduling processes to ensure the availability of manufactured components for all departments.
- Assist in the development and documentation of the production scheduling procedures.
- Promote and develop positive communication with Marketing and Sales to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Act as a backup running the scheduling sessions within Thruput and releasing of manufacturing orders to the shop floor and other requirements.
- At least 1-2 years of production scheduling/expediting experience while working closely with shop floor leadership is required
- Understanding of and some experience with Purchasing & Materials tools including MRP and Inventory Control methods such as kan ban and safety stock
- Experience with complex planning processes and use of forecasting is a plus
- Visual scheduling of low volume, long cycle time products is a plus
- Experience in a low volume high mix business engaged in the manufacture and assembly of industrial products and requiring market leading order fulfillment results is a plus
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Manufacturing, Spreadsheet and Word processing software.