Battle Creek, MI 49037
The Process Engineer is responsible for the die cast operations and oversees and leads in their implementation and continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize statistical methods (including DOE) to optimize casting process parameters to improve Net Casting Rate
- Calculate gate areas using PQ2methods, runner area and cross-sections to optimize part quality, yield and Net Casting Rate
- Collaborate with Tooling Engineer with the design of the runner and cooling system. Evaluate simulation results and casting trial results, implement counter-measures to optimize Net Casting Rate
- Sample die cast tooling both in plant and at external plants and suppliers
- Analyze scrap and determine reason or root cause of problem
- Perform cycle time analysis, determine bottleneck operation and implement counter-measures to improve Net Casting Rate
- Document critical die cast process parameters – make accessible at point of use
- Control revision level of process parameters and equipment programs. Responsible to back-up equipment programs
- Document all die cast process changes and maintain change history
- SME: Furnaces, Die Cast Machine, Die spray system, Die Cast automation
- Manage equipment suppliers. Manage timing and budget
- Review production process to measure compliance to the standard parameters
- 5-10 years related experience in the high pressure die castings in the automotive industry
- Runner & Cooling Design experience
- BS - Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of PLC, Robot programming, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Problem Solving & DOE
- Lean Manufacturing background & Six Sigma preferred
- Good interpersonal skills and " hands-on” problem solving expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment
- Flexibility to travel in Ontario and abroad
- Fundamental computer skills using Microsoft Office suite, MS Project, AutoCAD and Minitab
- Must be able to understand written instructions
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.