Process Controls Engineer
Morrow, GA 30260
ITS has a client in the Morrow, GA seeking a Process Controls Engineer. This is a direct hire role with full benefits including 401k.
Major Tasks Performed:
- Utilizes PLC/HMI skills and knowledge to resolve problems, contribute to development of new products/processes and maintenance/improvement and monitoring of existing equipment/processes.
- Initiates and completes the actual PLC programming and HMI screen programming for production projects.
- Collects and analyzes data, justify procedural or process modifications, and establishes operating procedures for the plant throughout the life of continuous improvement projects.
- Identifies areas and equipment that need process control optimization or implementation.
- Drives process control innovation.
- Optimizes processes to attain lower manufacturing costs, increased productivity and reduced cycle times.
- Contributes to project teams to ensure the successful completion of team objectives.
- Identifies training needs and develops training and standard operating procedures for employees to ensure effective use of continuous process improvement methodologies.
- Conducts safety audits and observations throughout the CIP' s, to ensure safe practices are not sacrificed by procedural changes or process modifications.
- Find solutions to problems areas in existing operational procedures/processes by direct interaction with operational
- Identifies/communicates/overcomes obstacles that may prohibit meeting production requirements.
- Promotes a clean/safe workplace.
- Assist management team in the execution and completion of CIP Projects.
- Utilizing SHW control and quality systems to maximum benefit.
- Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed
- Must have the legal right to work in this country without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status.
- Must have a Bachelor' s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalent manufacturing work experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of Engineering experience or 3 Years of equivalent maintenance/ manufacturing PLC work experience.
- Must have experience designing and implementing PLC controlled automation.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement processes/techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean, Transactional Lean or Root Cause Analysis is preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Technical proficiency in various software applications.