Columbia, TN 38401
A leading automotive supplier we represent is currently seeking experienced Press Operators for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. This is a Direct Hire opportunity and offers a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Press Operator operates Mechanical and Hydraulic Presses that produces blanks as specified by the Customer and is detailed on the In-process check-sheet. The Operator is responsible for ensuring each member of his crew is performing their assigned tasks.
- Monitors machine operation ensuring blanks feed properly and machine operates safely.
- Maintains production board and completes all other related paperwork in accurate and neat manner.
- Arranges for material to be delivered to the line as required
- Confirms correct material is loaded onto the press line un-coiler.
- Follows set-up steps as described in production set-up information and QDC procedures.
- Performs First-off and Last-off conformance checks ensuring parts meet customer specifications.
- Performs Quality checks as per in process check sheets.
- Responsible for the safe & efficient operation of press line and all personnel.
- Ensures packaging meets customer specifications.
- Ensures proper tagging of finished parts and transfer to finished goods area.
- Leads team ensuring changeovers are done in an efficient manner with minimal downtime.
- Provides support to the continuous improvement efforts of the company, in order to improve performance of assigned jobs and remain competitive in the market place.
- Proven competent to operate a forklift and crane as required.