Power Electronics Engineer
Columbus, OH 43216
- Design and lead development of power electronics for high frequency battery chargers.
- Plan and develop embedded hardware and firmware.
- Evaluate, debug, and verify circuit design.
- Coordinate the assembly of electronic prototypes and create engineering documentation.
- Sustaining engineering support on legacy products (SCR and ferroresonant chargers)
- Management of assigned projects from concept to commercialization.
- Communication and cooperation with sales, marketing, and operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from a fully accredited program; a Master’ s degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience developing power conversion products (rectifiers, inverters, motor drives, UPS, battery chargers)
- Experience working with analog, digital, and microcontroller circuits.
- Experience developing firmware in C and assembly.
- Experience with three-phase and high frequency power conversion electronics.
- Experience with safety agencies such as UL, CSA, IEC, CE, and CEC.
- Experience with EMI/EMC mitigation techniques.
- Strong technical project management competencies and problem-solving skills
- Limited travel of approximately 10%.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.