Mold Process Tech
Lansing, MI 48917
Specific Job Duties:
- Initiate machine process, make adjustments within process tolerance and recommend any changes for improved efficiencies to the Molding Process Engineering Manager. This includes but is not limited to crane operation, robotics and injection molding machines.
- Continually monitor all processes related to injection molding to ensure equipment is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Analyze and work to resolve any process problems. Resolve any product non-conformity issues that may arise per the request from the Production Team Leader or Production Manager.
- Assist the Molding Process Engineer in the set-up and start-up of new tools and resins for trial.
- Associate' s Degree in a technical field of study required. Six years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Course work relating to injection molding an asset.
Related Work Experience:
- Three years minimum injection molding experience preferred.
- Must have experience processing plastics and setting tools.
- Knowledge of automation systems and controls a must.
This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while standing or walking a minimum of eight (8) hours a day, the ability to lift up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis, and the ability to perform work that is below the knees and above the shoulders on an occasional basis. Ability to climb stairs is necessary. Good vision at a close distance is required.