Microbiologist / Virologist
Atlanta, GA 30329-4448
- Focused on influenza vaccine research and development
- Identify molecular markers of resistance through performing virus testing, analyses of viral genomic data, and comprehensive literature searches and characterize drug resistant viruses using various cell culturing techniques, biochemical assays and other laboratory tools
- Perform laboratory tests in cell cultures such as virus propagation, virus infectivity titration, and neutralization, including testing human and animal respiratory specimens
- Perform neuraminidase activity inhibition using antiviral drugs and antibodies
- Optimize cell culture-based assays and ELISA to address high-throughput testing needs
- Perform vRNA extraction, RT-PCR amplification, quantitate digital RT-PCR
- Bachelor of Science Degree with 2 to 5 years of experience
- Master Degree with 0 to 2 years of experience
- Strong background in virology, assay development and quality controls
- Laboratory Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad softwares.
- Experience in RNA extraction and RT-PCR
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.