Mechanical Operations Supervisor
Holland, OH 43528-9794
A key member of the Operations Leadership Team. This role will establish operating excellence in assembly of our Mechanical Equipment and Hydraulic Jack product lines. The Business Unit Manager has responsibility to lead a manufacturing unit comprised of a Production Supervisor, 2 to 3 team leaders, and approximately 50 to 60 hourly skilled and semi-skilled workers in a safe and productive manner while adhering to all quality and ISO standards.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead change and establish a high-performance work environment while also managing the day-to-day production requirements. He/she will be able to use performance data to quickly identify issues and will work collaboratively with his/her department and other organizations to drive Root Cause / Corrective Action.
- Lead the Assembly team responsible for assembly and testing of all Mechanical Equipment and Hydraulic Jack ground support equipment.
- Develop a manufacturing plan that addresses staffing requirements and flexibility to accomplish work in a very high mix, low volume environment; this includes detailed plans and actions to develop
- Mechanics to best match demand and lead-time requirements
- Oversee and direct training programs for Mechanics that include required certifications, skill development matrices, and structured performance reviews
- Lead training and development efforts of Supervisors and Team Leaders to become more effective coaches, trainers, mentors, and leaders Work collaboratively with our Engineering, Quality, Fabrication, and Logistics leaders and teams to ensure parts meet our goals of quality, productivity and cost improvement \
- Establish, implement, and manage material handling and management practices in the work area that maintains 5S principles and increases departmental effectiveness
- Adhere to ISO standards and conduct periodic quality audits
- Proactively ensure safety compliance and audits to achieve a safe work place
- Work with Process Engineers to optimize flow through the work area, and to accommodate growth plans in terms of capacity and capability
- Industrial Product Manufacturing experience required – especially important is experience with moderate to complex products through a specialized assembly business involving mechanized products with hydraulic, pneumatic and/or electrical aspects.
- Experience in a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Bachelor' s Degree strongly preferred – Engineering, Operations or Business majors preferred In lieu of education, the company reserves the right to substitute comparable experience, education or certifications.