Holland, OH 43528-9794
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals, to determine feasibility of designs.
- Perform tolerance stack ups, loading calculations and hydraulic oil displacement analysis.
- Perform stress/strain calculations, shear, torsional and vibration analysis.
- Design products or systems such as instruments, controls, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic or heat transfer systems.
- Plan and lead engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Direct fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design, safety requirements and customer specifications.
- Coordinate operation, maintenance and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Design products and systems to interface with machines; hardware and software.
- Evaluate field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Interface with other departments including manufacturing, sales, sourcing, product support, and accounting.
- Create and edit operation and service manuals for products.
- Responsible for BOM in INFOR system.
- Coordinate prototype activities.
- Provide work direction to interns
- Lead projects and provide direction to interns, designers and other engineers to accomplish project goals
- 5-10% travel required