Findlay, OH 45840
The Direct Materials Buyer manages all necessary actions locally to achieve the best supplier quality, cost & delivery by defining and implementing the right strategy according to the company' s business needs, is in charge of dedicated spend, supply base and projects.
Specific activities include:
- Study market trends, researches and audits suppliers, and determines those who can supply raw materials on a global &/or local basis at the lowest overall cost to the company.
- Help negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Own key supplier relationships and monitor and report supplier performance.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Support resolving sourcing operational issues to ensure on-time delivery.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for materials and services.
- Achieve annual savings commitments, while balancing compliance, service levels, and relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree or higher in the supply chain or equivalent field of study
- 2-3 years of experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working with JD Edwards
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong negotiation and communication skills