Maumee, OH 43537
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for identifying, acquiring, and qualifying equipment used in the assembly line and distribution warehouse. In this role, you will ensure process safety, drive and implement continuous improvement activities, and maintain production equipment. This position requires a safety first mindset, strong continuous improvement skills, experience in troubleshooting and problem solving on the production line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for process evaluation and improvement, including supporting corrective action activities.
- Maintain equipment and preventative maintenance schedules
- Assess equipment needs to support future programs, responsible for on time implementation
- Actively participate continuous improvement projects centered on safety, cost, quality and throughput improvements.
- Participate in development and ongoing improvements to Control Plans, PFMEAs, and Work Instructions
- Solve day-to-day production, equipment, and process problems.
- Perform cycle time and bottleneck analyses, and lead suggestions to improve.
- Manufacturing process engineering knowledge is preferred
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associate' s Degree in a technical discipline with at least 6 years' experience in a manufacturing setting
- Bachelor' s Degree in a technical discipline with at least 3 years' experience in a manufacturing setting
- Six Sigma Certification, preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong continuous improvement mindset
- Familiar with ISO 9001 or IATF requirements
- Experience troubleshooting equipment to minimize downtime
- Understands GD&T
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Self-starter, motivated to drive results