Manufacturing Engineer Assistant Manager
New Castle, IN 47362
Good understanding of operations and engineering practices and procedures within a manufacturing environment. Good written, verbal, organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Previous manufacturing/engineering experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify equipment/facility requirements for process improvements and minor/major model changes.
- Create request for quotes and work with suppliers to achieve cost, quality, and timing requirements.
- Collect and maintain accurate data related cycle time, line balance, Client requirement, downtime/efficiency, and other production characteristics.
- Ensures dependable cost estimates and feasibility studies are prepared to guide management in decision making strategies.
- Prepare/present presentations to internal management, customer, and suppliers for evaluation.
- Development of short/long range plans for layout changes, increased production, ergonomic improvements, and the incorporation of new/improved processes.
- Runoff equipment at suppliers and confirm equipment specification are met prior to shipping.
- Support timely completion of projects involving various engineering changes, staffing, contractors, vendors, and other related services.
- Provide support during technical discussions with customers and suppliers.