Temperance, MI 48182
Inspects different equipment and perform any repairs or preventative maintenance when required. Previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals. Basic industrial electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic skills are required.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Must be available after regular business hours as needs of the shop require.
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment and perform routine preventive maintenance.
- Handle basic repairs and maintenance.
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnose mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate of testing devices.
- Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures.
- Update MSD Sheets as needed
Maintenance Worker Requirements:
- Proven maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); related degree from a technical college.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools, and welding.
- Able to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Able to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills and detail-oriented.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Able to maintain focus while working individually.
- Will need to learn how to operate large metal cutting machines in response to releasing machine to production after repair.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
- Able to bend, climb, and lift up to 70 pounds repeatedly.