Newark, OH 43055
- Install and repair electrical systems, electric apparatus and components on industrial process machinery and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment such as transformers, motors, rectifiers, instrumentation, wiring, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Replace faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches and motors and positions sensing devices.
- Bend conduit; install new wiring for sensors, valves, actuators, and other electrical devices used for machine and process control.
- Troubleshoot machine controls utilizing a PLC, servo, stepper, and basic relay logic controls.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment using a systematic diagnostic approach.
- Test all repairs and installations for correct functionality and proper performance. Record all work completed in the company asset tracking software, communicating issues, parts used and need to restock components to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Repair and maintain mechanical pneumatic and hydraulic components on production machines.
- Repair/replace damaged air, chemical, water and hydraulic pipes on machine and measures, cuts, threads and installs new pipe.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems, replace as needed.
- Aligns and adjust components on machines to improve or correct machine functionality and part quality.
- Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press or grinder to make or repair parts.
- 3-5 years industrial electrical experience with systems from low voltage up to 480V 3 phase.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and schematics.
- Strong troubleshooting skills a must.
- Prefer instrumentation and PLC troubleshooting and programming skills.
- Experience with hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems a plus.
- Ability to fabricate, including metal fitting, welding, & cutting.
- Prefer ability to set up and operate metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press or grinder to make or repair parts.
- Prefer press machine equipment maintenance experience specifically mechanical transfer or eyelet presses a plus.