Springfield, OH 45501
- Leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and company trade labor with regard to the Mechanical and Electrical systems included in the project.
- Responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project.
- The Superintendent Mechanical-Electrical has supervisory responsibility for Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, Interns and trade labor in his/her area of responsibility in either mechanical or electrical building systems.
- Managing work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Resolve problems regarding procedures, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and develop Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers and interns.
- Create schedules and determining sequencing of work.
- Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule and budget.
- Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Working with the Engineer on the coordination effort for all mechanical and electrical systems, equipment and piping layouts for all trades on a master coordination set of drawings and 3D model securing the approval of the architects and engineers.
- Leading project inspections, startup, commissioning, turnover and training process, and punch list required for acceptance and handover of all the systems.
- Coordinating, directing, and monitoring the activities of subcontractors and suppliers, to insure conformance with plans, specifications, local and national codes.
- Reviewing project changes in conjunction with the Project Engineer.
- Keeping detailed daily records of MEPS trade contractors' work progress.
- Participating in preconstruction efforts (e.G. Constructability, logistics).
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 5+ years of MEP (mechanical/electrical/plumbing) construction experience required and experience working in an architectural and engineering design firm is a plus
- Knowledge of building construction, scheduling and cost control, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Specific knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Low Voltage, Fire Sprinkler)
- Knowledge of BIM (building information modeling) and BIM / MEP software such as Revit, AutoCAD MEP, or others
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.