Jr. Mechanical Engineer
Victor, IA 52347
- Safety First - Obey the plant' s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard.
- Prepares new product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends (OEE/FTT/GP12/PPK, etc.).
Assist with review of all concepts and designs of production tooling/check fixtures as needed.
- Coordinate launch activities home line.
- Launch board tracking (OEE, PIST, Pedigree, etc.)
- Burst build planning (material, labor, skilled trades, etc.)
- Run at Rate
- Collaborate with Project Managers on container design and obtaining quotes.
- Assist with SWI for new programs
- Administer CPMP and help with implementation.
- Attend and actively participate in the APQP meetings and associated activities (Tryouts, PPAP, Run to Rate, etc.)
- Responsible for all prototype projects.
- Responsible for PFMEA reduction activities.
- Responsible for plant layouts and equipment FMEA' s.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts. Researches, recommends, and implements new and/or existing products, processes, materials and equipment. Engages in comparative and competitive analysis to ensure utilization of most appropriate and beneficial techniques.
- Communicate with other departments including Production, Tool Room, Maintenance, Quality, Purchasing and Management on all program concerns.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel and AutoCad)
- Understanding of manufacturing, assembly and equipment principles
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication
- Good technical presentation skills
- Green/Black belt preferred or ability to acquire.