Columbus, OH 43207-1781
Perform duties to apply paint to surfaces of industrial equipment utilizing high volume, low pressure paint guns and powder coating equipment. Work from information sheets, paint data sheets, data sheets, and instructions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience with powder coating highly preferred
- Select proper paints, such as enamel, lacquer or epoxy, and solvents from storage area for units requiring painting
- Add thinner to paints for proper viscosity
- Fill and secure spray pots
- Check work piece surfaces for dirt, moisture, rust or scratches and repair and rework minor surface imperfections
- Tape or mask equipment as required to prevent overspray
- Move and properly position work in spray booth and turn on fans and lights
- Operate spray gun to paint products with uniform finish coatings of paint in various colors and textures to achieve proper quality level for type of product
- Apply primer coatings when required
- Maintain painting equipment and replace parts in units as necessary.
- Prepare Quality Assurance Inspection Sheets
- Notify supervisor or unusual equipment or operating problems.
- Mount identification tags and labels on products
- Change filter, sweep, and clean lighting in spray booth area
- Utilize portable unit to paint machines on assembly floor
- Record daily attendance and production information on timekeeping system
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.