Healthy and Safety Coordinator
Lansing, MI 48917
Specific Job Duties:
- Development and implementation of Health and Safety policies and programs.
- Coordinating and providing safety training for all employees in the areas of Safety, Fire Prevention, and Loss Control.
- Ensure there is a safe environment for all team members
- Ensure legislative compliance with OSHA/MIOSHA, ADA, Fire Codes, and serve as a liaison with area OSHA representatives.
- Lead the Joint Health and Safety Committee and help to coordinate activities, recommendations, and accountability of issues identified by the JHSC.
- Coordinate and conduct audits on equipment prior to entry into the facility and also afterward with periodic checks being conducted.
- Ensure all requirements are being met in regards to Magna Health & Safety requirements.
- Conduct routine workplace safety inspections and establish measurable standards from which further recommendations (continuous improvement) can be made, with effective follow-up.
- Work with JHSC members to complete risk assessments for all positions and tasks within the facility.
- Work with the facility’ s maintenance groups to develop Machine Specific Lockout procedures and ensure that all necessary personnel are trained as required. Conduct random audits to ensure that personnel are using the procedures properly.
- Develop procedures and training programs for all Confined Spaces at the facility.
- Coordinate random periodic drug testing program
- Coordinate annual hearing, pulmonary, and industrial hygiene testing.
- Develop and conduct training programs on current safety topics.
- Coordinate new employee pre-employment physicals and drug screens.
- Works with the security guards to make sure facility is safe and secure for all persons; Lead point person for the security team.
- Maintain all necessary documentation for OSHA and Magna accident/incident rate reporting.
- Maintain Safety Manual for annual review of safety policies.
- Coordinate the procurement of safety glasses and all other PPE as required.
- Liaison for janitorial staff. Works with them to ensure all cleaning needs are taken care of.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Prefer minimum two years Safety experience, preferably in an Injection Molding and Painting facility.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Associate’ s Degree in related field of study required.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.