Health and Safety Specialist
Lansing, MI 48917
- Development and implementation of Health and Safety policies and programs.
- Assist in coordinating safety training for all employees in the areas of Safety, Fire Prevention, and Loss Control.
- Ensure there is a safe environment for all team members
- Ensure legislative compliance with OSHA/MIOSHA, ADA, Fire Codes, and serve as a liaison with area OSHA representatives.
- Assist in facilitating the Safety Committees and help to coordinate activities, recommendations, and accountability of issues identified by the committee.
- Ensure all requirements are being met in regards to Health & Safety requirements.
- Conduct routine workplace safety inspections and establish measurable standards from which further recommendations (continuous improvement) can be made, with effective follow-up.
- Assist in annual evaluation and updates of risk assessments for all positions and tasks within the facility.
- Work with the facility' s maintenance groups to develop Machine Specific Lockout procedures and ensure that all necessary personnel are trained as required. Conduct random audits to ensure that personnel are using the procedures properly.
- Assist in random periodic drug testing program
- Coordinate annual hearing, pulmonary, and industrial hygiene testing.
- Develop and conduct training programs on current safety topics.
- Assist in maintaining documentation for OSHA and reporting, data management and document retention requirements.
- Assist in annual reviews of the Safety Manual and safety policies.
- Coordinate the procurement of safety glasses and all other PPE as required.
- Assist in updating and launching new training database.
- Assist in implementing a Management of Change program
- Assist in updating and maintaining Management Review report and coordinate with departments on tracking corrective actions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Prefer minimum two years Safety experience, preferably in an Injection Molding and Painting facility.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Associate' s Degree in related field of study required.