Prepares detailed estimates based on the construction drawings and specifications. In the performance of this function, the Estimating Engineer is responsible for the communication of bids and scopes of work to supervisors.
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Perform a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
- Prepare detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Prepare and assemble bids and proposals for different contract types (lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus, etc.)
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
- Prepare scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinate with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Work with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that general conditions and general requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determine if scope is covered and manage risk of scope gaps.
- Make recommendations to Chief Estimator and client for contemplated expenditures.
- Supervise Assistant Estimating Engineers, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in construction management or engineering
- 2 years' related experience, will consider training and co-ops as experience
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.