Engineering Tech CNC Machining
Warren, MI 48093
Provide daily production support under direction of the appropriate shift Area Manager. Support all tool testing, process improvements activities, prototype runs, new program implementation and identify continuous improvements opportunities. Complete engineering PM' s as assigned. Maintain CNC programs and manage program change control per documented process. Perform layered process audits as scheduled.
Knowledge of mathematics and blue print reading.
Demonstrated skill with machine tools.
Ability to understand new manufacturing processes quickly.
Knowledge of PFMEA, DCP, SPC, Cutting Tool Application, Metrology, Problem Solving, applicable quality and customer specific standards i.E. TS/QS (willing to train in areas needed).
- Daily technical support to production/operations.
- Set-up and conduct tests on cutting tools under operational conditions for improving performance or to obtain data for development, standardization and capability.
- Program, debug and troubleshoot CNC equipment.
- Conduct changeovers.
- Set up and edit programs on lathe machines.
- Perform off sets and tool changes.
- Participate in development and implementation of continuous improvement projects identified by operation top 5
- Assist efforts with manufacturing engineering, tool engineering to improve department measurables (scrap, MRB, cost, tool life, OEE).
- Assist manufacturing and tool engineering with maintaining of tool set-up sheets and tool designs, tool life matrices, set-up and changeover instructions, and rework instructions.
- Perform and assist manufacturing engineering root cause analysis to eliminate tool breakage, process variation and equipment downtime.
- Communicate issues for resolution regarding maintenance to Area Manager and/or Engineering
- Assist with job training for manufacturing technicians and line supervisors regarding the proper operation of new or rebuilt equipment during initial start-up and launch.
- Conduct routine process audits and layered process audits (LPA) to ensure processes are being maintained within documented parameters. Record on appropriate check lists or other documents.
- Maintain accurate records of CNC programs per procedures.
- Work in a safe manner and report unsafe work conditions, equipment or practices to department supervisors or engineers for resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Knowledge of cutting tool and CNC technology through two years of technical study or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Fanuc software preferred.