Embedded Systems Engineer
Sylvania, OH 43560
Position Title: Embedded Systems Engineer
Executes the design, development, testing and launch of embedded systems.
- Insightful and innovative idea generation and problem solving
- High level of engagement and an ownership mentality
- Strong sense of urgency
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement software and hardware to develop revolutionary and novel products industry.
- Analyze acceptance criteria and provide estimates of effort.
- Manage projects to insure they are completed logically and efficiently.
- Design test equipment and fixtures to enable consistent manufacturing and programming.
- Contribute to goal and objective development for the engineering department; recommend, implement, and assist with administering methods and procedures to enhance operations.
- Accept all projects assigned from the Director of Engineering and see them through to completion.
Work Environment: Office, Lab, Shop Floor
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time/Salaried
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in a related field or a proven track record
- Solid experience in embedded systems design
- Solid experience with C or C++
- Solid experience with debugging
- Familiarity with schematic capture and PCB layout (preferably Altium)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with IoT, robotics, control systems, signal processing and power electronics
- Familiarity with basic electrical hardware circuits
- Familiarity with version control like SVN or Git
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions