Electrical Design Engineer
Toledo, OH 43606
- Ability to select and specify electrical components and design PLC-based control systems, panels, MCC' s, drives and related power distribution systems.
- Develop detailed electrical drawings for controls and automation hardware design for panel fabrication and field use.
- Familiar with and capable to design meeting all applicable codes as applicable such as UL-508A, NFPA 79, NEC and other codes as applicable based on location.
- Prepare conduit/cables schedules and riser diagrams for electrical installation.
- Create/update I/O points list based on field data, P&IDs and other related information.
- Prepare electrical scope documents for demolition and installation.
- Generate network topology drawings showing all related required details for the various communication systems.
- Experience with instrumentation, sensors, drives/motor control and the related power distribution.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform independently on most assignments.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology
- 5+ years' experience with industrial electrical and controls
- Proficient with Auto Cad designing PLC based control systems, control panels and related power distribution for low voltage systems (typically 480 VAC and below).
- Ability to read and understand P&ID' s.
- Familiar with preparing single-line and three line diagrams.
- PLC and HMI programming experience is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits utilizing digital volt meter (DVM).
- Ability to handle factory acceptance testing (FAT) for the designed equipment.
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 10-15%) to gather/confirm field information needed for design efforts.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.