Battle Creek, MI 49037
This role is focused on providing technical support and leadership in the areas of ERP and EDI. As a member of the IT team, the ERP/EDI Analyst interacts with all departments to identify issues, determine options, and implement ERP/EDI solutions that are aligned with CCMi' s business goals & objectives. This role takes on primary responsibility for all aspects of Epicor CMS system. The ERP/EDI Analyst will need to utilize a variety of tools for administrating and accessing the AS/400 such as SQL, WRKQRY, ODBC, as well as having advanced data management skills in tools such as MS-Excel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a wide variety of business analysis tasks, including process analysis, data collection, data extraction, statistics and report creation. Has a solid working knowledge of Excel and can readily create and maintain pivot tables, lookup functions, data filtering, charting and dashboard creation
- Serves as Primary Contact for Epicor CMS vendor as well as other ERP-related vendors
- Maintains extensive knowledge of Epicor CMS and AS/400 operations, specifically in areas such as user on-boarding and off-boarding; menu security, master data management, inventory management, shop floor reporting; continuously learn and develop CMS knowledge in other areas as well
- Works with Magna IT CMS Support staff and Epicor CMS staff for problem resolution, enhancement implementation and application of CMS and OS/400 updates
- Helps to maintain shop floor systems such as barcode printers, thin clients, RF terminals
- Manages assigned HelpDesk tickets and ensures tickets are assigned to other IT staff; while working on their works on own tickets; coordinates with other IT staff to ensure all tickets are addressed
- Designs and implements a variety of light programming solutions to support current and future business requirements. This includes but is not limited to applications in VBA (MS-Excel, MS-Access) VB.NET, PHP, HTML/CSS, AutoIT and shell scripting
- Maintains high level of security and trustworthiness as the role will have access to data and information that is considered confidential (engineering design, product details & financial)
- Helps to maintain desktops, laptops, servers, printers, network switches and related hardware
- Helps to setup and maintain virtual server environment
- Supports general IT department procedures including but not limited to password resets, new user on-boarding and setup, inventory cycle counting, license auditing, software upgrades, testing and evaluation
- Understands and complies with all IT General Compliance procedures and policies. Works with IT staff to resolve and non-compliance issues that are identified
- Ensures high level of quality, precision and diligence is executed in all solutions implemented
- Participate in off-hours user and IT system support (i.E. After hours, weekends)
- As-needed, performs general administrative tasks such as Active Directory password resets, printer support or other related duties as part of the IT support team
- As-needed, help with and provide support to the plant team for TS 16949 certification or other plant audits
- Know and understand all Federal, Provincial/State and Local legislated duties.
- Report any unsafe or unhealthy conditions immediately.
- Work safely and follow all safety rules at all times.
- Attend training as required or as assigned.
- Know what to do in an emergency.
- Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping in the area and ensure that area of responsibility is clean, tidy and organized at all times.
- Know the operating instructions for all equipment and processes where you are assigned. Know the pre start-up inspection process, hazards, protective measures, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, start and stop procedures and equipment limitations.
- Wear required PPE such as safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, aprons, respirators and head protection.
- Provide support and other duties as assigned by the IT Business Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Education
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. Or equivalent experience
- Preferred Post-high school degree or equivalent certification in information technology, systems administration or business systems
- 5 or more years of work experience in a junior to intermediate level role performing Business Analysis and light Programming duties; experience in an automotive manufacturing or warehousing environment is an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Must have been in your current position a minimum of 90 day
- Cannot have any disciplinary action of written or higher in the past 90 day
- Cannot have a below expectation on performance review in the past 90 days
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience with an ERP system (Epicor CMS, SAP or Baan an asset); functional knowledge in any of the following Business / ERP modules would be an asset:
- Financial systems (General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Fixed Assets)
- Inventory Management (Standard Costing, Inventory processes)
- Shipping, Customer Service and Sales
- EDI Setup and Configuration
- Barcode Label design and configuration (ex. LabelVision)
- MRP and vendor release management
- Production Systems (Scheduling, Reporting, Batch Management, Lot Traceability, Integration and other data collection systems)
- Tool Crib
- Engineering Change Control
- Experience with IT Help Desk software and ticket management; demonstrates good customer service and timely ticket resolution
- Proven and demonstrated data analysis skills using tools such as MS-Excel, MS-Access and/or SQL relational databases; ability to create and maintain high quality business reports and charts
- Functional knowledge of AS/400, Microsoft Windows and Linux server environments
- Knowledge of and possess skills to support related IT hardware and software including but not limited to barcode label printers, RF guns, laser printers or thin clients would be an asset
- Proficient in and able to support using Microsoft Office apps (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter