Director of Software Development
Toledo, OH 43604
The Director, Software Development is responsible for Interface, Integration, Reporting, and Data Extraction Development, and ensures services are provided per agreed upon specifications and deadlines. They are additionally responsible for adhering to, and enforce coding and documentation standards, team development and provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish best practices, structure and processes to ensure the department performs efficiently and delivers a quality product.
- Ensure teams develop, adhere to, and enforce coding and documentation standards.
- Collaborate with IT Product leads to ensure product delivery goals are achieved and maintained.
- Gives employees sufficient authority to make the necessary decisions to carry out their assignments.
- Instills a culture of customer service and responsiveness with department personnel and a sense of importance in providing that service.
- Deliver services according to agreed upon specifications and timelines.
- Monitor operational processes and documentation for efficiency.
- Assist in creation of technology vision.
- Understand Enterprise Application product technology and strategic directions.
- Continually analyzes and initiates improvements to the services provided.
- Responsible for the training, evaluating, motivating, and disciplining of staff. Assists with hiring and promoting. Resolves problems relating to staff, morale, work methods and initiates recommendations.
- Provides direction to staff for skill development in project management, technical competencies, tools, departmental standards, and policies and procedures.
- Assists with department budget development.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor' s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong critical thinker and problem solver with a background in systems analysis and programming.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of parties.
- Skilled motivator, mentor/teacher, and leader.
- Clear awareness of project management practices.
- Adept at estimating effort and coordinating resources to meet project goals within time and budget constraints.
- 10 years of progressively responsible leadership experience
- Master' s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Project Management
- Agile Project Management experience preferred
- ITIL Knowledge
- Programming methodologies and techniques