Design Engineer (Packaging Equipment)
Toledo, OH 43604
- Provide technical leadership for the engineering, design and installation of material handling systems largely involving client products.
- Coordinate integration requirements for software and electrical controls, including development of P&IDs
- Coordinate multi-discipline installation requirements for facilities and utilities
- Specify and layout packaging equipment, product conveyors and finished case conveyors utilizing Lean principles
- Work with the internal team and client engineers for the design and installation of these systems, including studying material handling systems to recommend changes (eliminate bottlenecks, increase capacity, reductions, etc.), develop systems, spec equipment, machine design modifications, create proposals, scopes, cost estimates and schedules.
- Develop conceptual systems with sizing and specifying equipment.
- Recommend machine design changes to existing material handling equipment and systems.
- Work with designers to develop equipment changes and develop construction documents.
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Machine design aptitude with experience designing packaging equipment (unit load formers, baggers, palletizers, stackers, robots, unitizers, stretch wrappers, upenders, etc.) and material handling systems (conveying systems, cold end systems, diverters, sorters, accumulators).
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.