Toledo, OH 43605
- The Database Administrator has the responsibility to administer, optimize, and integrate relational database systems.
- Database Administrator will also be responsible for collaborating with the company' s teams to identify, design, implement, and optimizing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) needs.
- Subject matter expert for the company' s relational database systems.
- Assists in database design, implementation, and optimization to help ensure alignment with the company' s strategic and operational goals.
- Works with Enterprise Development and Business Intelligence teams to identify, design, implement, and optimize ETL needs.
- Provides database system guidance to the IT Department.
- Monitors database performance and ensures database optimization.
- Enforce and document database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Stay up to date on relevant database system and technology concepts and relate to the company' s needs.
- Bachelor' s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university. Equivalent combination of education and experience in IT may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years of IT experience with increasing responsibilities for database systems.
- Experience in both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information systems in a multi-site client-server environment
- Expert knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of enterprise database design.
- Understanding and awareness of 7x24 support environment.
- Knowledge and experience with a System/Software Development Lifecycle Program.
- Familiarity of structured and unstructured data types.
- Understanding of various office productivity software programs such as word processing, spreadsheet programs, and communications software.
- Knowledge of network, system, and application security controls.
- Willingness and drive to stay current in relevant technologies.
- Ability to communicate information technology related concepts to a broad range or technical and non-technical persons.