Toledo, OH 43612
Crane Operator Duties/Responsibilities:
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials to desired areas within the plant/yard.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Participates in routing, counting, and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items.
- Assists press setup/operators to load and unload steel coils from coil feed equipment utilizing overhead crane/lift truck as directed.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated (overhead) crane or hoist.
- Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects.
- Skill in operating forklift vehicles in tight and congested areas.
- Computer skills, use of MRP systems, Microsoft Word, etc.