Columbia, TN 38401
Crane Operator Duties/Responsibilities:
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials to desired areas within the plant/yard.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Participates in routing, counting, and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items.
- Assists press setup/operators to load and unload steel coils from coil feed equipment utilizing overhead crane/lift truck as directed.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated (overhead) crane or hoist.
- Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects.
- Skill in operating forklift vehicles in tight and congested areas.
- Computer skills, use of MRP systems, Microsoft Word, etc.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.