Corporate Tooling Manager
Sylvania, OH 43560
Oversees and manages all process, product and manufacturing processes and activities as it relates to the design and development of prototype and production tooling for metal stamping industry. This position is an integral part of the quoting process for new business, determining all manufacturing parameters associated with new business opportunities. Markets served include the automotive, appliance and refrigeration industries. Customer and engineering requirements are supported through CAD based design systems per customer specification.
- Providing general direction to all product engineers with regards to work assignments, goals and objectives.
- Review and evaluate feasibility of all project/program requests including new equipment purchases, tooling purchases, prototype tooling and manufacturing processes.
- Develops standard manufacturing and operating procedures including die change methods, safety and quality procedures.
- Continuous process improvement of new and existing products and processes.
- Travels to, and works with, all manufacturing plants on Six Sigma Cost / Material reduction projects.
- Upgrading of technologies and education in tool, process and engineering design.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Develops and works with tool suppliers and job shops. Including finding and sourcing off shore tool shops.