Temperance, MI 48182
NATURE OF ASSIGNMENTS / DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for producing quality machined tools and meeting efficiencies within the department.
- Read and follow detailed instructions, including MATH data.
- Perform CNC Machining operations as directed by Manger/Supervisor
- Inspect parts visually for defects
- Understand and perform basic maintenance procedures on CNC Mills.
- Work with Manager/Supervisor to meet delivery dates based on complexity and customer time lines.
- Insure data is at the correct level before machining begins
- Properly log time in/operation time and time out for each job.
- Focus on a clean and safe work cell and follow 5S practices
- Perform maintenance schedule and work with maintenance personnel to insure machines are maintained.
- Follow all safety procedures and guidelines. This includes wearing personal protective equipment as required (ie: eye protection, hearing protection, gloves, etc.)
- Performs a variety of tasks, within the department to insure company goals are met.
- Work outside the department to assist company to meet customer goals and deadlines.
- Work overtime as directed by Manager/Supervisor
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC
- CNC Shop experience
- Experience with CAM software
- Able to maintain confidential information
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times. Must be able to stand, kneel, bend, and climb, in order to work on equipment. Must be able to use tools to perform repairs. Must be able to talk, walk, stand, and sit an office environment. Must be able to travel between locations.