CNC Mill Machinist
Findlay, OH 45840
Machinist Duties and responsibilities include:
- Program, set-up, and operate Okuma CNC Mills, according to blueprints, specifications, manufacturing orders and work instructions.
- Write new programs, modify existing programs.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Verifies proper material and tooling for the job. Verifies CNC programs for completeness and accuracy. Revises programs as required for improved efficiency and/or quality.
- Maintains correct dimensions of parts while running the job using measuring instruments such as micrometers, comparators, calipers, and gauges. Verifies the conformity of parts to blueprints/specifications during and/or after the run.
- Recognizes improper machine functioning and makes required adjustments. Initiate and report repairs, write and modify programs for CNC machines as needed.
- Identifies and troubleshoots CNC machine operations and programming issues for improved product quality and tooling life.
- Calculate the amount of material to be fed into the machine, and make adjustments to the operating speed based on vibrations and sounds that may indicate a malfunction.
- Clean and maintain machine equipment.
- Coach and train less experienced operators.
- Work effectively as part of the team.
- Establish good rapport with others in all levels of the organization.
- Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED
- 3-5 of years of experience in a similar machinist position
- Proficient at reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work with others as part of a team.
- Ability to run mills / manual equipment, preferred but not required.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.