Tulsa, OK 74119
- Works under close supervision of Senior Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager. Assist with procurement activities for Business Unit for non-complex project needs and transactional procurement needs for the Corporation. Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing systems and analytical tools. Assist in negotiation/persuasion with suppliers and Business Unit partners to make the best procurement decision. Develop good working relationships with assigned Business Units by attaining an overall understanding of operating issues and priorities.
- Assist with procuring non-complex project related and transactional material and equipment following procurement guidelines with guidance of a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager.
- Help with issue requests for quotations with guidance of a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager.
- Collaborate in analyzing bid proposals, negotiating with suppliers at a simple level and awarding purchase orders.
- Assist in resolving basic discrepancies, commercial issues, change orders, or cancellations related to purchase orders.
- Help with coordinating work with suppliers, AEP Legal, Risk Management and Business Unit partners on commercial issues, terms and conditions and specifications with guidance of a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager.
- Assist the Category Management group in supplier management and support the strategic agreement process by utilizing blanket orders when appropriate for projects and facilities.
- Participate on cross functional teams for supplier performance evaluations providing feedback to the Category Management group including participation in scorecard meetings and facility visits.
- Support the material standardization efforts of internal business units including the coordination of material substitutions between supplier and business unit standards group.
- Participate in facility issues such as outages and schedule requirements and support emergency service restoration as required with direction from a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager.
- Interact with suppliers and expediters to resolve purchase order and delivery issues with guidance of a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager.
- Develop a basic understanding and knowledge of the AEP Strategic Sourcing Process.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, Inventory Management or similar discipline or Associates degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or Inventory Management and two (2) years of procurement experience in buying, contracting, or supply chain, inventory management or logistics or if no degree, four (4) years of experience in buying, contracting, supply chain logistics, inventory management, or business administration.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.