Toledo, OH 43617
- Responsible for working directly with insurance companies to resolve unpaid claims and maintain the overall health of the AR by completing corrected claims and/or appeals when necessary.
- Work with patients to resolve questions related to the billing process.
- Ensure billing processes comply with corporate and government policies.
- Respond quickly and effectively, with providers and patients, to inquiries with focus on issue resolution
- Responsible for performing billing corrections and completing billing related projects.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, in a professional manner
- Work directly with and reports to the business manager
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Specific training related to CPT procedural and ICD10 diagnostic coding through continuing education programs/seminars and/or community college.
- Working knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, disease processes and demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must have a thorough understanding of all aspects of billing, coding and collections.
- Ability to read and understand EOB' s from insurance carriers.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of payment posting.
- Highly computer literate and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to think independently and work well within a team environment.
- Ophthalmology experience preferred.