Associate Director of Warehouse Automation
Waco, TX 76705
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
This role requires a highly analytical, driven, and team-focused leader.
As the Associate Director Warehouse Automation Projects, you will be tasked with leading a large capital investment for a new warehouse automation system. You should have deep understanding of Distribution Center operations, warehouse management systems, and material handling equipment and automation.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct internal teams to achieve project success. Exceed stakeholder expectations for cost, schedule, and quality.
- Champion performance management process for direct reports to achieve business results
- Translate operational and business objectives into automation solutions. Ensure final solution meets or exceeds return on investment.
- Management of third-party vendors and engineering firms
- Drive employee engagement for project team and site employees
- Become a subject matter expert on technologies being implemented. Integrated material handling solutions may include Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS), articulating arm robots, conveyor systems, and mobile robots.
- Serve as central point of contact between stakeholders. Effectively communicate with executive leadership, stakeholders, team members, affected departments, and site employees.
- Oversee progress of internal IT and software tasks required for project
- Monitor project progress, identify and resolve potential project delays
- Prepare a thorough and timely plan for acceptance testing
- Oversee user acceptance testing execution
- Monitor fulfillment of contract requirements to ensure quality and timeliness of vendor deliverables
- BA or BS in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years' industry experience
- 5+ years' experience leading warehouse automation projects
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems and other associated IT systems
- Strong analytics and communications background
- Comprehensive computer application skills
- Ability to perform business requirement analysis
- Ability to identify and recommend operations improvement opportunities to meet ongoing business requirements
- Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Knowledge of Digital and IIoT technologies