Assistant Quality Manager
New Hudson, MI 48165
- Hold daily pre-shift meetings and give day to day direction to employees.
- Communicates with Quality Manager, Welding Manager, Weld Engineer, Quality Engineers, Process Engineers, and other plant personnel about welding and dimensional concerns, providing status reports as appropriate.
- Provide weld inspection and dimensional expertise to the CMM Technicians and Quality Technicians, including personnel training, equipment, documents, and records of compliance. Evaluate and make recommendations regarding current and new weld inspection methods, dimensional checks, product quality and equipment.
- Provide Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel with Process expertise to support existing and new customer programs.
- Proactively support/initiates corrective measures to process control issues.
- Assist the Quality Manager with Developing, implementing and maintaining:
- Training/certification program for Quality Personnel in all welding and dimension control checks.
- Control Plans-ensure all product validation checks are performed to control plans
- Controlled Documents and Procedures
- Post-secondary education in a technical field and a minimum of 3 years of related experience required (previous CMM programming and scanning experience is required as well)
- Must have strong programming and operational background of DEA Delta HA CR overhead Gantry Co-ordinate Measuring System
- Must have strong background and experience in Automotive Manufacturing, APQP, PPAP and Quality Assurance
- Strong technical background and experience in metrology, Blue Prints, GD&T, SPC, GR&R, Check Fixtures and CAD
- Previous experience in software such as Polyworks, Wave, Cognex Opti-Cell, Adobe Pro, etc.
- Good reporting and computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess good mathematical skills, experience in geometry and trigonometry
- Strong organizational, planning, written, and verbal communication skills