Assistant Production Manager
Battle Creek, MI 49037
- The Assistant Production Manager reports directly to the Production Manager and is responsible to provide communication and reporting of the Department/shift progress/results in achieving divisional goals; and the regular operation of the department.
- Manage and supervise production employees in a production environment.
- Manages the complete shift with Area Leaders, Team Leaders, and direct production employees.
- Oversee shift production, maintenance, materials and quality groups making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality. Escalating to proper staff when needed per escalation policy.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Monitor the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, Logistics and Management.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred
- Degree in business administration, management, engineering, industrial technology or related field or combination of education and experience