Assistant Plant Manager
Youngstown, OH 44509
- The Assistant Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed (ie. Safety, quality and scheduling).
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers' expectations.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Address employees' issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements.
- 3-5 years' experience of direct supervision in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and effectrive planning skills
- Proficient in managing and motivating workers
- Good computer skills to interact with company ERP and Reporting systems
- Degree in business, operations management or engineering preferred
- Experience in fabrication environment preferred