Assembly Process Engineer
Lansing, MI 48917
This position reports directly to the Assembly Process Engineering Manager and is responsible for the job duties below.:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem-solving skills in a work environment that is focused on continuous improvement.
- To follow safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- Continuously improve processes utilizing lean techniques to improve labor efficiencies and quality.
- Assist in launching new programs by developing process/component flows, cell layouts, cycle times and labor requirements, and tracking builds prior to SOP
- Coordinate with APQP on new program launches and component changes in efforts to implement DFMA strategies.
- Assist in developing work instructions, FMEAs and control plans.
- Lead and participate in team activities to maintain and continuously improve departmental Key Process Indicators (KPI).
- Assist in investigating quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve products/ processes.
- Maintain process open issues list, copy/ review with appropriate managers.
- Assist in communicating and training all Quality technicians, Team Leaders, and team members on initiated process changes.
- Implement error-proofing systems to eliminate the possibility for assembly errors (poke-yokes).
- A bachelor degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or Technology area.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing, synchronous manufacturing, and ergonomics.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient computer skills a must (Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD)
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimal supervision and participate as a team player.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement.