Napoleon, OH 43550
This role will support design and application engineering for the mechanical products to customer specifications. The duties are as follows (includes others not mentioned):
- Create applications drawings.
- Perform load calculations and ratings.
- Create list of products per drawings.
- Design new products per customer specs.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD models, technical drawings, etc.
- Ability to communicate with customers and internal engineering team to resolve any issues.
- Collaborate with engineering team to create a solution for the end product.
- Specify any modifications needed to support design, performance as well as code.
- Will need to research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles and company guidelines.
- Enhance product offerings based on market trends and customer needs.
- Research and test alternate designs for modification.
- 20% domestic travel to customer and vendor sites.
- Advance understanding of Solid Works and AutoCAD software.
- Experience working with ERP. (Epicor a plus).
- Must be able to perform load calculations.
- Technically and mechanically astute and competent.
- Creative/visionary/innovative. A passion for problem solving.
- Able to apply accepted corporate and industry engineering rules, methodologies and practices to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision/detail oriented.
- The ability to interact with diverse global cultures and demonstrate effective communication. Skills with associates, suppliers and customers.
- Understanding of OSHA and IBC requirements.
- Quick turnaround required for customer.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Bachelors of Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-8 years of experience in similar engineering settings.